Friday, March 14, 2014

"Do You Know Where We Are Going?"


We only got really lost once today and we have been here for officially 24-hours, so I would say that is a pretty great percentage. When you have a group of American girls wondering around Prague looking for our hostel it was bound to happen. Obviously, we made it back and are alive so no need to worry (Mom). The flights were very long and I did not get much sleep so I was thrilled when we finally made it.



Last night we had a reservation at a traditional Czech beer hall which was quite the experience. We had traditional Czech beer and I personally got a potato soup (it had some fancy Czech name I can't recall) and some dumplings which turned out to basically be sliced bread which looked more like pound cake. It was pretty good and very filling surprisingly. Everyone here drinks beer and it is almost just expected of you to drink some beer! There are a ton of bars and pubs on every street so you can just take your pick!
Today a group of us decided to go on a walking tour which was very informational and helpful for understanding the buildings we were admiring. The history of this city is full of drama and a lot of people's heads getting cut off. But they haven't cut anyone's head off in years so I think I should be safe.

Fun Fact of the Day: This clock, the Prague Astronomical Clock, is apparently considered to be the second most over-rated tourist attraction in Europe. I can honestly say I was expecting more to happen when it hit the hour but still impressive considering it was made hundreds of year ago.

Tomorrow we are touring a castle about 45 minutes outside of Prague so I am very excited for that! This whole blog thing isn't as awkward as I thought it would be so I am sure I will update more!

No comments:

Post a Comment