Sunday, June 8, 2014

Last One!!!

After flying in a plane for 9 consecutive hours, flying in a different plane for 2 hours, watching 4 movies, driving 3 hours, I can officially say I am back in Kearney. These past four months have been one crazy adventure and I am so blessed to be able to go. I was so busy the last few weeks that I never had time to update my blog (also, my teacher wanted us to update them again). So here we go.
 
Buda, Buda, Budapest. A group of people and I decided to go to Budapest for our last free weekend and it was a blast! We explored the town for the first part of one day, went shopping, took a tour, tried some ruin bars, and of course, the baths. First off, the ruin bars were so cool!! For those of you who have never heard of them, they are buildings that were turned into bars with a bunch of random junk. It is kind of hard to explain but when you walk in you see lots of mix-matched chairs and tables, tons of rooms, and of course many bars. One of them even had an old car that they converted into a table! I really liked them and I wish the concept would come to America because I think they would be super popular. And lastly, we couldn’t go to Budapest without going to the baths. I was a little skeptical I must admit. I hate real baths because they idea of floating in dirt really does not appeal to me, especially other peoples’ dirt, and also because I am not a huge fan of swimming. However, these were easily my favorite part! They were basically pool sized hot tubs. We stayed in them for around for hours and made some interesting friends.



We got home on a Monday and then had to keep our bags pack because the next day we left for our last school trip which was the Bohemia trip. This was the perfect way to end our trip because it was so chill. We went to two different towns and explored new things. We went to a silver mine in one of them and that was an experience. I learned that I am way too tall for a career in mining… I hit my head more times that day than I have in my life and I am so thankful for my hard hat. Then we went to a “fairy tale” castle, this was finally a castle you would picture in your head when someone says the word castle. It was pretty cool but once inside it looked about the same as all the thousands of other castles we went to. Then we went inside a really old theater which was actually really neat. The way they figured out an efficient scene changing technique was pretty clever and impressive for the era. After that we went on a rafting trip! It was so much fun! There were six of us in our raft and we just got some drinks, and floated down the river. About half way we were able to stop and catch up with the other group for more drinks of course! This was easily my favorite activity we did the entire time!



After all that adventure and excitement I was pretty tired but not done yet. The next day after we returned I packed all four months’ worth of stuff and hopped a train to Prague to find my family! It was so weird to have them see the places I had been many times and see how the viewed the country I had grown to love! After Prague we went to Rome and I finally got to go inside the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum! Both were just spectacular to me but wore me out. So from there we went to Nice, France and that was just perfect. The beach is where my heart will always be. We also got to go check out the real Monte Carlo in Monaco. This might have been my favorite city. We ended our trip in Paris to fly out of. We took a tour and saw Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower! These have been something I have been dying to see for years and I just couldn’t believe it was happening! It was a great way to say goodbye to Europe.





Well, this ends my forced attempt at blogging and sadly I do not see a blogging career in my future. Thank you again to my awesome parents for literally giving me the world with this trip. I totaled 9 countries and countless cities, crossed more off my bucket list, and had the experience of a lifetime. I know I have grown as a person and I am not the same! Thank you to everyone who actually read this blog, it means so much to me that so many of my friends and family supported me on this journey and genuinely cared about what was going on! For those of you I haven’t seen yet I will just have to continue my travels and head your way!! Oh, and for those of you who know me I actually have not had Chipotle yet, and it is killing me J

1 comment:

  1. o man thats great i like your last picture. your are lucky you get a good location for this picture.
    Manchester airport cheap parking

    ReplyDelete